Contact Us  |  Employee Login  |   |  Search

About CRHA

History

The Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority is a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia with a nine member Board of Commissioners appointed by the City Council of the City of Chesapeake.  The Authority was created July 6, 1950 and was originally named the South Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority of Chesapeake.  On June 30, 1972, the South Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority of Chesapeake became the Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority as a result of a charter amendment in accordance with Title 36 of the Code of Virginia and has been in continuous operation ever since.