- Current vacant positions are posted on this web-site, at CRHA property management and resident services offices, and/or advertised in the Sunday edition of the Virginian Pilot and weekly edition of the New Journal and Guide
- Positions are posted a minimum of five work days; individual postings will reflect close date (CRHA reserves the right to close recruitment for posted positions without notice)
- Applications must be received by close of business on the close date to be considered
- CRHA applications may be picked up at the central office, Resident Services office, or by clicking here to download
- Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, by fax, or by e-mail
- CRHA will accept applications for posted positions only
- Applications will remain active for one year; it is the applicant’s responsibility to notify HR if they would like their application considered for a new posting; CRHA reserves the right to search the active files for qualified individuals for new postings and contact them to see if they have an interest in the newly posted position; CRHA also reserves the right to interview from the active file of a specific position should that position become vacant within three months of being filled
- Interviewed applicants will be notified when the position they have applied for has been filled.
Section 3 Information
Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968. The purpose of Section 3 to ensure that employment and other economic opportunities generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent feasible, and consistent with existing Federal, State and local laws and regulations, be directed to low- and very low income persons, particularly those who are recipients of government assistance for housing, and to business concerns which provide economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons.
Nancy L. Tarkenton, Assistant to the Director
1468 S. Military Highway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority (CRHA) provides quality affordable housing in the City of Chesapeake, and is located within the metropolitan area that also includes Virginia Beach and Norfolk. CRHA is seeking a highly qualified candidate to lead and manage the agency’s budget of $19 million and a staff of 49. The agency’s portfolio includes 1450 housing choice vouchers, 467 public housing units and 228 other affordable housing units.
Compensation for the position is negotiable, depending on the qualifications and experience of the chosen candidate. It is required that the selected Executive Director will establish residency in Chesapeake. Please submit a one-page cover letter, a two-page resume that includes salary history and a listing of three professional references. Please submit an email version of the application document to both Stan Quy, President / Principal of the Organizational Leadership Edge at Squy@cox.net and Nancy Tarkenton, Assistant to the Director of CRHA at email@example.com. The deadline for submittal of applications is April 25, 2018.
Family Self Sufficiency Coordinator
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to perform responsible administrative work managing, coordinating, developing, and implementing the Authority’s resident initiatives programs as well as other programs designed to provide resident self-sufficiency through education, job training, child care, and job placement opportunities. This is a grant-funded position. Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from a college or university with major course work in Business, Public Administration, Human Services, or related field and 4-5 yrs exp working in a housing program environment. Experience working with the public and community and government agencies is preferred. Must possess a valid VA driver’s license. $41,872/good benefits. Apply to CRHA, 1468 S. Military Hwy Chesapeake, VA 23320, or to firstname.lastname@example.org, Hearing impaired use VA Relay 711, Fax (757) 523-1601. Position open until filled. EOE; Preference given to qualified Section 3 Residents
Part Time Administrative Assistant-CD/HCV
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority is seeking a motivated individual to performs routine administrative and clerical work, including typing, filing, processing paperwork, etc. and responsible paraprofessional and technical work in all areas of housing policies and eligibility, and community development programs, providing administrative support to the HCV, Occupancy, and CD staff, as well as serving as front desk relief, under the duel supervision of the Directors of HCV and Community Development. Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation high school or the equivalent and one (1) to two (2) years experience in general clerical work or apartment management. Experience in Federally-assisted property management, HUD, HCV, and Public Housing is preferred. Must possess a valid VA driver’s license. $12.32 per hour/20-29 hours per week. Apply to CRHA, 1468 S. Military Hwy Chesapeake, VA 23320, or to email@example.com, Hearing impaired use VA Relay 711, Fax (757) 523-1601. Position open until filled. EOE; Preference given to qualified Section 3 Residents