Applications for public housing
The Public Housing Waiting List is currently closed and we are not accepting applications at this time. CRHA will advertise when the public housing waiting list is scheduled to reopen.
WAIT LIST STATUS/ APPLICANT PORTAL REGISTRATION
Thank you for your interest in Chesapeake Redevelopment & Housing Authority's (CRHA) Low-Income Public Housing program. We are in the process of updating our records from the preliminary applications accepted in October 2021 for applicants on our waiting list.
If you are still interested in being on our Public Housing Waiting list, please log into the website below to register and to update your application. Please make sure to have a Valid Email, your Social Security number, Entity ID number or your Application confirmation number available for your MyHousing registration. While CRHA is currently limiting access to the public due to the global pandemic, this is a good way to keep your application and contact information up to date.
Please visit this website to register for MyHousing Applicant Portal: https://crhava.myhousing.com/Registration
- Enter your First Initial (Do not enter your full name)
- Enter your Last Name
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Enter your Social Security Number
- If you are a previous applicant, you will be prompted to enter the confirmation number that you receive at the completion of your web application or you Entity Number which you will find on the top right of this letter.
- Enter a valid email address
- Create a password (passwords are case sensitive, letters, numbers, and symbols are allowed)
- Once you’ve successfully created your account you may log in!
Should you have any questions concerning this notice, or experience difficulty registering for the Applicant Portal, please feel free to contact our office at Occupancy@crhava.org or (757) 470-5860. Please be reminded that any address or telephone change requests must be updated on the MyHousing Applicant Portal.
PLEASE NOTE: Letters will be mailed to inform applicants of the MyHousing Applicant Portal registration and will allow applicants to remain on the waiting list and/or apply to a newly opened waiting list. THIS DOES NOT guarantee immediate housing.
If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation to assist you in registering for the MyHousing Applicant Portal, please inform our Admissions Department of this fact and CRHA can arrange for an accommodation.