CRHA REOPENS THE HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER (SECTION 8) WAITING LIST JANUARY 30, 2020
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Online Wait List Application
Applications were only available online
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Applications were only received online during the wait list period. Accepted applicants received a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. By submitting this pre-application information, you are not guaranteed placement on any waiting list.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
If you are added to the waiting list, you will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. If you have a change of address, phone number, income or family size, you must notify us within 10 business days of the change. ALL CHANGES MUST BE IN WRITING. No changes will be taken over the phone. Please include your social security number on any correspondence.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Virginia State law.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to PHA or any other housing authority will not be helped until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
WEBAPP CONFIRMATION PAGE
Only ONE application could be submitted to the Public Housing Authority. Duplicate forms will not be accepted.
You will receive periodic notifications from us. Failure to respond to any request could result in your name being withdrawn from the waiting list. When you have reached the top of our waiting list you will be notified by mail.