- Current vacant positions are posted on this web-site, at CRHA property management and resident services offices, and/or advertised in the Sunday edition of the Virginian Pilot and weekly edition of the New Journal and Guide
- Positions are posted a minimum of five work days; individual postings will reflect close date (CRHA reserves the right to close recruitment for posted positions without notice)
- Applications must be received by close of business on the close date to be considered
- CRHA applications may be picked up at the central office, Resident Services office, or by clicking here to download
- Applications may be submitted in person, by mail, by fax, or by e-mail
- CRHA will accept applications for posted positions only
- Applications will remain active for one year; it is the applicant’s responsibility to notify HR if they would like their application considered for a new posting; CRHA reserves the right to search the active files for qualified individuals for new postings and contact them to see if they have an interest in the newly posted position; CRHA also reserves the right to interview from the active file of a specific position should that position become vacant within three months of being filled
- Interviewed applicants will be notified when the position they have applied for has been filled.
Section 3 Information
Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968. The purpose of Section 3 to ensure that employment and other economic opportunities generated by certain HUD financial assistance shall, to the greatest extent feasible, and consistent with existing Federal, State and local laws and regulations, be directed to low- and very low income persons, particularly those who are recipients of government assistance for housing, and to business concerns which provide economic opportunities to low- and very low-income persons.
Nancy L. Tarkenton, Assistant to the Director
1468 S. Military Highway
Chesapeake, VA 23320
Leasing Consultant (2)
Chesapeake Redevelopment and Housing Authority is seeking (2) experienced and motivated individuals to perform responsible work assisting in the management of affoirdable and public housing communities for the Authority. Responsible for assisting in the overall operation and performance of housing communities and maintaining housing that meets the standard of safe, sound, quality housing. Some weekend work may be required. Requires HS/GED and 2-3 years property management experience, public housing and tax credit experience/knowledge preferred. Must possess a valid VA driver’s license. $25,625 to start/good benefits. Applications are available online, www.crhava.org. Apply to email@example.com, mail to CRHA, 1468 S. Military Hwy Chesapeake, VA 23320, or fax (757) 523-1601. Hearing impaired use VA Relay 711. Position closes August 23, 2019. EOE; Preference given to qualified Section 3 Residents